Keratex Hoof Hardener
Keratex Hoof Hardener strengthens weak, worn and cracked hooves by improving the molecular structure of the horn itself. The gentle acting chemical formulation forms additional intermolecular bonds between molecules of keratin through the process of cross-linking, producing a tougher, stronger horn structure. Keratin is the main protein constituent of horn and is best described as the building block of the horn structure.
Apply to lower half of hoof and sole, avoiding coronary band and frog. Use daily for one week then twice weekly for general hoof maintenance. If the hoof has been treated with any oils or greases over the past three months, degrease the hoof thoroughly with acetone before applying Keratex Hoof Hardener. Do not use any oils or greases while using Keratex Hoof Hardener.Made in the UK.
Due to federal regulations, we are unable to offer expedited shipping, or ship to Alaska and Hawaii for this product. Please note this item may ship separately from your order. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.
- Strengthens, hardens, and protects hooves.
- Equally effective in wet & dry conditions.
- Prevents the horn from taking in excess moisture, making it resistant to softening and weakening in wet conditions. This results in a reduction in shoe loss and abscesses.
- Keratex Hoof Hardener is not an oil or resin layer and does not seal the hoof.
- Keratex Hoof Hardener will ensure the treated hoof is able to breathe naturally so the moisture balance is properly maintained.
- Should also be applied to the sole of the hoof to prevent bruising.
- Includes brush for application.
- Great for use on both shod and unshod horses because of its hardening and strengthening effect.